Zoom: What to Do Before the Conference Starts
Brand new to Zoom? Don’t worry, we will help you get started no matter what device you will be using to join us! If you have additional questions, please reach out to Jamin.
1. Computer: Download Zoom here and follow the instructions to run the install file – it may appear at the bottom of your screen.
- You do NOT need an account to join as a participant
- If you would prefer NOT to download the Zoom program on your computer, that is fine. When you click to join a Zoom meeting, dismiss the pop up box and click the link to join via internet browser at the bottom. You will not need a code.
2. Mobile Device: Go to your app store and download the Zoom.us app.
3. Phone: If you are unable to join by computer or a mobile device with video, you can join by phone.
- If you are joining via mobile, dial the number and put in the meeting ID. When it asks for the participant ID, just push the pound key (#).
- Please mute yourself by pushing *6. You can unmute to ask questions at the appropriate time by pushing *6 again.
- If you are using a landline, you will dial the number and manually enter the meeting ID and passcode when prompted.
4. Test your settings