Part Time Programs Coordinator, Exhibits Lead – Museum of World Treasures, Wichita
|Job Title: Programs Coordinator, Exhibits Lead||Department: Programs|
|Reports To: Programs Director||FLSA Status: Part-time, Hourly,|
The Programs Coordinator will support MOWT’s mission to educate, entertain and inspire by working with exhibits, collections, and education. This particular Programs Coordinator (the Exhibits Lead) will work more closely within MOWT’s Programs Department using skills and passion to complete and supervise the completion of creative, enrapturing, and educational exhibits surrounding select parts of the collection.
MAIN TASKS- PROGRAMS COORDINATOR
- Ensure the successful implementation of MOWT’s mission to educate, entertain, and inspire.
- Work, depending on the particular needs of the Programs Department on any given time, on:
- Planning, developing, implementing, and evaluating exhibits.
- Planning, developing, implementing, and evaluation educational programs
- Caring for and managing museum collections
- Promote equality and diversity in all aspects of your work.
- Work closely with volunteers or interns while working on projects, if required.
- Where necessary, develop and maintain excellent relationships with loaners and donors in close cooperation with other Programs staff. Shows dedication to first-class customer service at all times, not just during program delivery.
- Attend museum trainings and other professional development opportunities.
- Help to maintain the Museum’s activity and exhibit spaces.
- Assist Programs staff with the development of partnerships and ventures both within the MOWT and with other external organizations where necessary, including academic partners and lenders.
- Communicate and partner with all relevant sections of MOWT on behalf of and in coordination with the Programs Department and help with museum-wide projects when needed.
SPECIFIC TASKS- EXHIBITS LEAD
- Undertake a wide range of research tasks both on actual artifacts and the events and eras surrounding them. Some research may be relevant to new exhibits and some may be to update MOWT’s records.
- Contribute to development of the structure, themes and content of both new and old exhibits, including developing specific research subjects as required.
- Assist with the process of object selection for exhibits.
- Utilize PastPerfect to store information and work with Programs staff to manage records.
- Be open to civil and respectful debate on the exhibition subject both within and outside the Museum, but most importantly within the Programs Department.
- Oversee logistics of physical preparation and completion of exhibits. Communicate budget, supply and preparation needs to Programs Director.
- Assist Programs staff with all aspects of briefing and provision of information to the graphic designers, contractors, sign writers, and other exhibit workers.
- Work very closely with educators to ensure compatibility of exhibits with educational programming and superb interpretive quality in exhibits.