Part Time Programs Coodinator, Education Lead – Museum of World Treasures, Wichita
|Job Title: Programs Coordinator, Education Lead||Department: Programs|
|Reports To: Programs Director||FLSA Status: Part-time, Hourly,|
The Programs Coordinator will support MOWT’s mission to educate, entertain and inspire by working with education, collections, and exhibits. This particular Programs Coordinator (the Education Lead) will focus on bringing passion for learning and fun to the development and delivery of programs such as guided tours, docent interactions, regularly scheduled educational programs, camp-ins, on-demand workshops, and summer camps.
MAIN TASKS – PROGRAMS COORDINATOR
- Ensure the successful implementation of MOWT’s mission to educate, entertain, and inspire.
- Work, depending on the particular needs of the Programs Department on any given time, on:
- Planning, developing, implementing, and evaluating exhibits.
- Planning, developing, implementing, and evaluation educational programs.
- Caring for and managing museum collections.
- Promote equality and diversity in all aspects of your work.
- Work closely with volunteers or interns while working on projects, if required.
- Where necessary, develop and maintain excellent relationships with loaners and donors in close cooperation with other Programs staff. Shows dedication to first-class customer service at all times, not just during program delivery.
- Attend museum trainings and other professional development opportunities.
- Help to maintain the Museum’s activity and exhibit spaces.
- Assist Programs staff with the development of partnerships and ventures both within the MOWT and with other external organizations where necessary, including academic partners and lenders.
- Communicate and partner with all relevant sections of MOWT on behalf of and in coordination with the Programs Department and help with museum-wide projects when needed.
SPECIFIC TASKS- EDUCATION LEAD
- Strives to provide fun and educational program experiences to all guests.
- At times, develop detailed written plans for delivery programs along with supply lists, estimated budgets, volunteer/ staff needs, and space needs.
- Communicate with customers before, during, and after programs to ensure the best possible experience.
- Work closely with staff and volunteers, particularly those in Programs Department, to ensure plans will work with Museum resources and vision.
- Coordinate, execute, set up, clean up, and reset after educational programs.
- Shows dedication to first-class customer service at all times, not just during program delivery.