Part-Time Education Coordinator – Museum of World Treasures, Wichita
|Job Title: Education Coordinator||Department: Programs|
|Reports To: Education Manager||FLSA Status: Part-time, Hourly|
|Hourly Rate Range: $10.00-12.00/ hr, Hours vary by week but will generally be around 15 hours|
The Education Coordinator will support MOWT’s mission to educate, entertain and inspire by working with educational programming. The Education Coordinator will focus on creating a positive customer experience by the development and delivery of programs such as guided tours, regularly scheduled educational programs, camp-ins, on-demand workshops, summer camps, and any other educational programming.
General Tasks as a member of the Programs team
- Assist with the successful implementation of MOWT’s mission to educate, entertain, and inspire.
- Planning, developing, implementing, and evaluation educational programs.
- Promote equality and diversity in all aspects of your work. Develop and advocate for concrete plans to increase diversity in viewpoint both within educational programming itself and within those delivering the educational programming.
- Work closely with volunteers or interns while working on projects, if required.
- Shows dedication to first-class customer service at all times, not just during program delivery.
- Attend museum trainings and other professional development opportunities.
- Help to maintain the Museum’s activity and exhibit spaces.
- Assist Programs staff with the development of partnerships and ventures both within the MOWT and with other external organizations where necessary, including academic partners and lenders.
- Communicate and partner with all relevant sections of MOWT on behalf of and in coordination with the Programs Department and help with museum-wide projects when needed.
To read the full job description and to apply, click here.