Part Time Community Engagement Coordinator – Mahaffie Stagecoach Stop and Farm, Olathe
Provide assistance with research, create, implement and evaluate action steps to engage the public and attract visitors to Mahaffie Stagecoach Stop & Farm Historic Site. Along with serving directly on the Mahaffie team, this position will interact with the Parks & Recreation Communication Specialist, other Department and City teams in promotion of Mahaffie special events, programs and daily activities
- Assist in development and management of the Mahaffie membership program.
- Coordinate activities and events for members/friends, including Sunflower Wickets and proposed capital campaign.
- Work with the Parks & Recreation communications staff in developing advertisements and promotions for Mahaffie special events and programs and daily activities.
- Assist in seeking sponsorships for Mahaffie events, programs and special projects.
- Work with the communication staff in preparing and disseminating promotional flyers for events and programs
- Monitor and update Mahaffie social media platforms.
- Edit and disseminate electronic newsletter with communications approval.
- Represent Mahaffie in public speaking engagements for a wide range of audiences.
- Maintain calendar function of Mahaffie website – serve as a content manager along with Special Events and Programs Specialist.
- Assist the Parks & Recreation communications staff, other departments, and city teams for digital and social media, communications, and events.
- Assist in other duties as assigned.
For the full description and application information, please click here.