Museum Store Manager – Wichita Art Museum, Wichita
Position Opening: MUSEUM STORE MANAGER
The Wichita Art Museum—in the largest metropolitan area in Kansas and with a premier American art collection—seeks a skilled and team-oriented Museum Store Manager to manage the museum store and welcome desk, providing visitors with an outstanding experience and the highest level of customer service. The museum stands at an exciting moment in its history, with a new Strategic Plan, recently opened Art Garden, and growing annual attendance. With a strong regional presence, the museum has a significant American art collection with works across media and history. The prized Roland P. Murdock Collection anchors the museum and features masterpieces of American art from Winslow Homer to Mary Cassatt to Georgia O’Keeffe. Working as part of an energetic and collaborative team, the Museum Store Manager contributes to WAM’s mission to bring “people, ideas, and American art together to enrich lives and build community.”
- Manage all aspects of the daily operations of the store to generate maximum profitability.
- Set and realize annual sales goals and create strategies to increase store sales.
- Strategically design merchandising displays to achieve sales objectives.
- Oversee store maintenance, product shipping and receiving.
- Maintain accurate inventory and sales records through Counterpoint POS system.
- Manage welcome desk and store staff, ensuring coverage for weekends and special events.
- Train staff on Counterpoint, store policy, procedures, customer service,and active-selling techniques.
- Responsible for inventory management including physical inventories.
- Responsible for purchasing inventory.
- Manage store recordkeeping, including bank deposits, accounts payable, budgeting, and sales tax.
- Assist customers with product selections and process all customer orders and returns.
- Manage inventory receiving, tagging or ticketing and merchandising on the sales floor.
- Proactively attain product knowledge and be able to share that with co-workers and customers.
- Meet and exceed store standards in customer service, product merchandising,and rotation.
- Work with Public Relations Manager to develop an online presence and E-Commerce site.
- Promote teamwork by working with other WAM staff effectively, safely, respectfully,and efficiently.
- These examples are not intended to be all-inclusive. Other related duties may be assigned as needed.
For full position description, please click here or visit wichitaartmuseum.org/jobs. Salary commensurate with experience; salary range from $35,568 to $45,000. To apply, email (1) cover letter outlining qualifications and salary requirements, (2) resume, and (3) three references with contact information to email@example.com. Position will be open until filled.