Museum Director – The Santa Fe Trail Center Museum and Research Library, Larned
The Santa Fe Trail Center Museum & Research Library (SFTC), owned and
operated by the Fort Larned Historical Society (FLHS), seeks a
dynamic, self-motivated director with a passion for history,
education, and community. The Museum Director will lead the SFTC in
day-to-day museum activities, strategic long range planning, program
development, and more. Furthermore, the director will guide the FLHS
fundraising efforts and build strong relationships with donors and
Board Members. Additional duties will include collections oversight,
exhibitions, education activities, publications, and representing the
society as the public spokesperson.
• Organizational Development and Strategic Planning
• Membership and Resource Development
• Office and Day-to-Day Administration
• All aspects of Event Coordination
• Management of Museum Employees and Volunteers
The successful candidate will have a minimum of a Bachelor’s degree
in Museum Studies, History, Nonprofit Management, Philanthropic
Studies, or related field. Additionally, candidates will have
demonstrated experience in fundraising and grant writing in the museum
• Bachelor’s Degree
• Superior Communication & Interpersonal Skills
• Museum Experience
• Financial and Business Acumen
• Innovative Thinking
• Strong Organizational Abilities
• Managerial Experience in the Nonprofit World
• Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Power Point.
Familiarity with Quick Books and PastPerfect Recommended.
To learn more about this regional nonprofit, educational organization
dedicated to the preservation, promotion, and protection of the Santa
Fe Trail and Pawnee County please visit
Salary Range: $25,000 to $30,000 depending on education and
Includes the use of an attached 2-bedroom apartment. Occupants act as
To apply please submit cover letter, resume or CV, and three
professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to
Santa Fe Trail Center Museum, Attn: Bev Howell, 1349 K-156 Hwy,
Larned, KS. 67550.
Position open until filled.