UPDATED Museum Director – Stillwater History Museum at the Sheerar, Stillwater, Oklahoma
****Please see updated application deadline and application instructions****
Job title: Museum Director
Institution: Stillwater History Museum at the Sheerar
Application deadline: Open Until Filled, Review of Applicants begins May 22, 2019
The Museum Director maintains regular hours of public access to the Stillwater History Museum and oversees all daily operations, exhibits, programs, and events. Works with the Museum’s Board of Trustees to develop and implement policies and procedures. Works with Board to fundraise for the Museum. Serves as the public representative of the Museum in the community.
- Greeting visitors and groups.
- Maintenance of business, financial, building use, museum shop, and maintenance records
- Responsible for collection management and care, including use of PastPerfect
- Exhibit research, planning, and installation.
- Strategize and oversee all public relations on behalf of the Museum and Cultural Center.
- Development and implementation of education programming and special tours.
- Manages rentals of facility.
- Oversight of facility maintenance and repairs.
- Recruits and trains volunteers as well as coordinates volunteer schedules
- Supervises part time employees, interns, and volunteers.
- Serve as staff support for the Board of Trustees.
- Other duties as assigned
Starting Salary: $35,000-$40,000 annually, no health insurance benefits
To see the full job description and to apply, click here.