Museum Director – Mid-America All-Indian Center, Wichita
Distinguishing Features of Work
This position performs professional, technical and public contact work at the Mid-America All-Indian Center. It is responsible for the care, preservation and exhibition of the permanent collection. Work is directed and reviewed through establishment of goals and evaluation of progress toward goal attainment.
Starting salary range: $35,337 – $47,999
Hours of position: Tuesday – Saturday; 8am to 5pm
Examples of Work Performed
- Creates and maintains the database of accessions and related artifact records, including photographs, condition reports and conservation measures.
- Creates new collection records.
- Establishes and maintains contact with donors and collectors.
- Trains and oversees docents
- Develops and maintains docent training material.
- Presents programs to the public, including school groups, adult groups and families.
- Instructs staff and volunteers regarding the care and use of collection pieces.
- Monitors and improves conditions in both exhibit and collection storage areas.
- Researches, develops, implements and maintains exhibits.
- Plans and manages disaster recovery and security for the collection.
- Conducts periodic collection inventories.
- Oversees incoming and outgoing loans to and from the collections.
- Assists with supervising volunteers and staff when their work requires them to handle artifacts.
- Orders and maintains Gift Shop inventory.
- Completes monetary transactions for visitors to the museum and Gift Shop.
- Completes daily transaction reports and makes bank deposits.
- Completion of work assignments may require operation of a vehicle.
- These examples are not intended to be all-inclusive. Other related duties may be assigned as needed.
To see the rest of the job description and to apply, click here.