MPMA/KMA 2015 Joint Conference Information Post
September 27 – October 1, 2015
This post is your one stop shop for all current information about the 2015 Joint Conference. Find links and check back often for the latest information.
Conference Location: Hyatt Regency Wichita, 400 W. Waterman St., Wichita, KS 67202
KMA Announces 2015 Grant and Award Winners!
- Johnson County Museum, Shawnee, What is Modernism? exhibit
- Martin & Osa Johnson Safari Museum, Chanute, Lizzie Le Blond Photograph Conservation Project digitization
- Robert J Dole Archives & Special Collections, Dole Institute of Politics, KU, Lawrence, Celebrating Opportunity for People with Disabilities online exhibit and archive
- Kansas Historical Society, Topeka, Sundown Film Festival flyer
- Ralph Vogal, Inman Museum
- Mary Ann Sachse Brown, Leavenworth County Historical Society
To enhance the conference experience and highlight Wichita’s arts and cultural facilities, Wichita-area museums are extending complimentary admission throughout the conference to MPMA-KMA conference delegates who show their badge at their admissions desks. Wichita is very proud of its diverse offering of arts and cultural facilities, and we hope you will take advantage of this opportunity. Trips to museums make great group activities, so be sure to ask around and explore Wichita with your fellow conference-goers. There’s no better way to be entertained and get to know each other! If you have any questions about the participating museums or need to be pointed in the right direction, please contact KMA Assistant Director Jamin Landavazo at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Museums offering FREE admission:
· Coutts Museum of Art, El Dorado
· Exploration Place
· Kansas African American Museum
· Kansas Aviation Museum
· Kansas Oil Museum, El Dorado
· Kansas Sports Hall of Fame
· Kauffman Museum, North Newton
· Lowell D. Holmes Museum of Anthropology
· Mid-America All-Indian Center
· Museum of World Treasures
· Ulrich Museum of Art at Wichita State University
· Wichita Art Museum
· Wichita Center for the Arts
· Wichita-Sedgwick County Historical Museum
· Great Plains Transportation Museum (museum is only open on weekends – Saturday & Sunday – but they will offer complimentary admissions for those arriving early or staying after the conclusion of the conference)
For all the details on donating, click here.
For more information on some of the amazing items offered, click here.
There’s an app for that! The 2015 MPMA/KMA Conference app is now available
Stop the constant shuffle through bags and stacks for your conference program, explore session and event info, and find instant updates on location or other changes with the Piggyback mobile app!!
Piggyback is a FREE and intentionally accessible mobile app developed by ASH Interactive for iOS, Android, and Kindle devices. Visit your app store or piggyback-app.com to download it today. Once the app is installed on your device, simply scroll down to “MPMA/KMA Conference” with the photo of the tiger from our conference program. Play around with it today, and use it throughout the conference for timely, easy-to-access information.
If you are coming from a different direction, check out the rest of our great KMA member museums that might fall along your path here!
The MPMA/KMA Conference Program is here!! Check out the amazing workshops, sessions, and non-stop fun and REGISTER NOW!!!
Click here for the program.
Click here to register.
MPMA’s Conference Website
2015 MPMA / KMA Joint Conference in Wichita, Kansas
Theme: MUSEUMS MEAN BUSINESS
September 27-October 1
Hyatt Regency Wichita Hotel
EXHIBIT * SPONSOR * ADVERTISE
Join us at the MPMA/ KMA Joint Conference. Be seen by 400 to 500 museum professionals from MPMA’s 10-state region including our host state of Kansas. Promote your company, products, and services to the museum field. Be a sponsor and address attendees. Be a presenter on the Presentation Stage in the Exhibit Hall. Take this opportunity to grow your business or to show your interest in the arts and culture.