Marketing Communications Specialist – Strataca: Kansas Underground Salt Museum, Hutchinson
Job title: Marketing Communications Specialist
Reports to: Director of Operations
The role of the Marketing Communications Specialist position is to develop, grow, and enhance the image of the organization through a variety of methodologies up to and including Graphic Design, Website, and Social Media. The Marketing Communications Specialist will work with a variety of departments in order to complete the necessary tasks and accomplish our overall goals of the organization.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop, plan, coordinate, execute and measure communications strategies to achieve desired outcomes/goals.
- Support/coordinate media relations activities including media pitching, press release and press kit development; press release distribution. Develop results reports.
- Support/coordinate work with media, photographers, film crews (both for museum projects and those visiting museum on assignment)
- Develop content for digital platforms (website, monthly museum update, e-communications and other misc. platforms).
- Organize assets and deliverables for digital communication (websites, email marketing, e-commerce site, blogs, and photography).
- Effectively meet deadlines and work efficiently to develop/deliver approved content set by manager.
- Assist in maintaining a marketing strategy designed to “brand” the organization and its initiatives.
- Maintain level of expertise with required knowledge to perform duties through meaningful professional development.
- Assist in supporting activities related to Marketing Communications and Internal Communications.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned by the Director of Operations or the Executive Director