Maintenance Supervisor – Reno County Historical Society, Hutchinson
Reno County Historical Society
Maintenance Supervisor Job Description
Reports to: Executive Director
Duties and Responsibilities:
The Reno County Historical Society maintains three facilities: Strataca: Underground Salt Museum, Reno County Museum and the RCHS’ Annex. The chosen candidate will be responsible for hiring and training staff and ensuring the smooth running of upkeep or repair operations.
An excellent maintenance supervisor must be reliable and have a great eye for detail. They must have technical skills and an aptitude for various crafts such as carpentry, plumbing, electrical and mechanical, etc. Leadership and knowledge of administrative tasks such as scheduling are also essential.
The goal is to ensure that facilities are in a good and safe condition at all times.
- Inspecting facilities periodically to determine and reporting problems and necessary maintenance
- Preparing weekly maintenance schedules and allocate work
- Recruiting, supervising, and training maintenance technicians
- Vehicle maintenance
- Inspect facilities periodically to determine problems and necessary maintenance
- Hire and supervise tradesmen during installations, repairs or maintenance (electricians, plumbers etc.)
- Inspect and maintain building systems (heating, ventilation etc.)
- Inspect and maintain trams and train
- Contribute to the development of maintenance budget and ensure compliance
- Monitor inventory of materials and equipment
- Participate in coordination of projects (e.g. renovations)
- Ensure adherence to quality standards and health and safety regulations