Exhibits Specialist – Museum of World Treasures, Wichita
|Job Title: Exhibits Specialist||Department: Programs|
|Reports To: Programs Director||FLSA Status: Part-time, Hourly,|
|Hourly Rate Range: $12.00-$15.00/ hr, Hours vary by week but will generally be around 25 hours|
The Exhibits Lead will support MOWT’s mission to educate, entertain and inspire by leading MOWT’s exhibits preparation work and assisting with education and collections work. The Exhibits Specialist will work diligently within MOWT’s Programs Department using skills and passion to complete and supervise the completion of creative, enrapturing, academically excellent, and educational exhibits surrounding select parts of the collection.
MAIN TASKS- PROGRAMS COORDINATOR
- Ensure the successful implementation of MOWT’s mission to educate, entertain, and inspire.
- Be primary point of contact and lead for planning, developing, implementing, and evaluating exhibition.
- Take primary ownership for the look and upkeep of all museum exhibitions.
- Take pride in and lead the continued growth of MOWT’s interpretive approach and exhibition plan through community partnerships and continuing education.
- Be secondary point of leadership and execution for other Programs Department areas of supervision:
- Planning, developing, implementing, and evaluation educational programs
- Caring for and managing museum collections
- Cheerfully complete general organizational tasks as part of a regular of weekly schedule including, but not limited to, some front desk coverage, tour and program delivery, cleaning, event support, etc.
- Promote equality and diversity in all aspects of your work.
- Supervise, coach, and support volunteers and interns.
- Where necessary, develop and maintain excellent relationships with loaners and donors in close cooperation with other Programs staff.
- Show dedication to first-class customer service and a healthy museum work culture at all times.
- Attend museum trainings and other professional development opportunities as directed by supervisor.
- Assist Programs staff with the development of partnerships and ventures both within the MOWT and with other external organizations where necessary, including academic partners and lenders.
- Communicate and partner with all relevant sections of MOWT on behalf of and in coordination with the Programs Department and help with museum-wide projects when needed.
To read the entire job description and for application instructions, click here.