PART TIME Executive Director – Harvey County Historical Society and Museum, Newton
**This ad was originally posted without the “part-time” designation**
Under the direction of the Board of Directors of the Harvey County Historical Museum & Archives, the Executive Director will manage the affairs of the Society, supervise paid and volunteer staff, coordinate events and activities of the Museum & Archives, and generally help the Board grow its non-profit organization and programs.
- Directs the daily operations of the Museum, including the supervision of paid staff and volunteers.
- Assists the Board and Finance Committee with budget preparation and implementation.
- Explores opportunities for growing and developing new revenue sources including individual donors and grants, while maintaining current sources. Presents annual budget request to the Harvey County Commissioners.
- Assists in the selection, evaluation, and orientation of new board members, employees and volunteers.
- Cultivates professional relationships with community leaders and organizations for the purpose of increased awareness of and involvement in the Museum.
- Actively promotes the Society’s programs, projects and fundraisers. Available to oversee, in cooperation with volunteers, the annual Taste of Newton.
- Performs a variety of public relations activities, including presentations to various community groups.
- Directs the publication of the Museum’s newsletter, The Heritage.
- Attends Board meetings as well as approved seminars, workshops and training related to the Museum’s administration.
- Demonstrates excellent interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrates enthusiasm for history and subscribes to the mission of the Society, which celebrates a common history and culturally diverse community by sharing stories from the past, experiences of the present and possibilities for the future through creative and dynamic exploration of objects, documents and photos.
Send resume with cover letter to Harvey County Historical Museum & Archives, P.O. Box 4, Newton, Ks, 67114 or e-mail to email@example.com.