Executive Director – Dickinson County Historical Society, Abilene
Position: Executive Director
Employment: Full-time Exempt
Salary Range: Commensurate with level of education and years of experience
Application Deadline: Open until filled
The Dickinson County Historical Society’s Executive Director is accountable to and reports to the Board of Trustees and is responsible for the implementation of plans and decisions of the Board, as well as overall management of the DCHS’s operations. This includes the management of the museum, archives, properties, programs and projects, and the supervision of staff and volunteers, either directly or through subordinates.
The Executive Director must possess a deep commitment to the mission and work of the DCHS, exhibit excellent communication skills, and possess the ability to work effectively with the Board of Trustees, staff and volunteers, donors, Society members, and the general public.
Required Qualifications, Skills, and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in history, public administration, or a related field.
- Exemplary communication and public-speaking skills and the ability to write well across a variety of formats.
- Demonstrated interest in history.
- Ability to engage people of all ages and backgrounds.
- Willingness to relocate to Abilene, Kansas, or surrounding area.
- Willingness to perform hands-on logistical duties.
- Experience with administrative and business operations, and personnel management.
- Possesses computer and other technological skills necessary to accomplish assigned duties.
- Experience with or an aptitude for fundraising to assure the Society’s continued financial stability and growth.
- Master’s degree in history, public administration, or a related field.
- Experience working in museums, archives, or historical organizations.
- Demonstrated success with grant writing, fund raising, and project management.
For more information and to apply, click here.