Director of Education – Strataca: The Kansas Underground Salt Museum, Hutchinson
Job title: Director of Education
Reports to: Director of Operations
The Director of Education is a senior member of Strataca’s leadership team. The Director of Education is responsible for building and shaping the education department. The Director of Education provides creative vision, strategic direction, and leadership to education department through the incorporation of the Museum’s mission and the vision of the institutional goals.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides leadership to staff and volunteers to constantly revise, distinguish, and diversify the Museum’s educational program offerings to attract and serve the broadest possible audience.
- Research, develop, and implement creative, dynamic, and engaging programs that resonate with new and existing audiences: including K-12, teachers/educators, students, youth, adults, seniors and general audiences while incorporating formal and informal learning goals that apply to STEAM requirements.
- Develops and administers departmental related programming budget.
- Oversees the volunteer docent program, and recruits and trains the new docents, and subsequent training related to special exhibitions and programs. Develops and coordinates programs related to current exhibitions and the permanent collection.
- Identify and review potential grant opportunities in close collaboration with Executive Director and the Director of Operations. Assists in the writing of local, state, and national grant proposals; and contributes to the writing of materials related to exhibitions and family/public programs.
- The candidate chosen will work closely with the local and regional school districts. Initiates and nurtures partnerships with local arts organizations, foundations, corporations, and institutes of higher learning. Develop partnerships, collaborations, and special programs to serve unique needs.
- Provide additional social media input, and development information regarding museum programs and activities.