Director – Kauffman Museum, North Newton
KAUFFMAN MUSEUM DIRECTOR
Kauffman Museum, North Newton, Kansas, seeks an interdisciplinary and entrepreneurial full-time director. Will lead a resourceful professional staff, committed board of directors and robust corps of volunteers at the Bethel College-affiliated museum that presents the Mennonite immigrant story in the context of the land and people of the Great Plains.
The successful candidate will demonstrate a record of collaborative communication while leading staff and working with board, volunteers, college faculty and staff, museum members, stakeholders and the broader community to frame a vision for change and growth that reflects the museum’s core values: sustainable stewardship, agile creativity, inclusive collaboration, authentic learning and service, and multigenerational hospitality.
- Administration of museum operations, fiscal affairs, grant writing, marketing, public relations and fund raising; management of strategic planning process
- Supervision of museum staff
- Project coordination of exhibitions and programs that engage the community, utilize and complement the museum’s collection to meet the museum’s mission
- Reports to Board of Directors
Required: Nonprofit or for-profit leadership experience
Preferred: Museum experience and/or appropriate teaching, library, business experience
Minimum: Masters degree, post-graduate work in related field; terminal degree optional Kauffman Museum is an affiliate of Bethel College, a four-year liberal arts college affiliated with Mennonite Church USA. Director holds liaison relationship with the VP for Academic Affairs and Dean of Faculty.
Applicants should send the following:
- Curriculum vitae of resume that includes contact information for three references
- 500 word essay responding to the following: Considering Kauffman Museum’s core values, what unique skills, insights or experiences will you bring to our museum?
Applications can be emailed to KMsearch@bethelks.edu
Additional information: https://kauffman.bethelks.edu/Director-Search-2018
Inquiries to Linda Schmitt, Interim Director, email@example.com
Kauffman Museum, Bethel College, 300 E. 27th Street, North Newton, KS 67117
316.283.1612 Reviews begin May 8 and continue until filled EOE/AA