Bring KMA to YOUR Town in 2020! Applications Now Open for Hosting the KMA Annual Conference
Kansas Museums Association
2020 Annual Conference Application – Open to All KMA Regions
CONFERENCE DATES: Early Nov. 2020
Wednesday – Friday
Conference Bid Guidelines
Thank you for your interest in submitting a conference site proposal for the annual Kansas Museums Association (KMA) conference. The Kansas Museums Association is a statewide organization that creates, fosters and promotes interest in, advancement of and appreciation for museums in Kansas.
As a volunteer-run, non-profit entity, KMA appreciates the generous support of museums, friends, businesses, and foundations in promoting our annual museum conference.
A museum (preferably a member of KMA) in the community must agree to serve as the host organization and to provide a chairperson to assume the primary responsibility for the local arrangements committee. Other museums in the community may participate in the local arrangements committee. Support from the local Convention and Visitors Bureau is desirable. Although an “under-one-roof” approach is optimal, consideration will be given to creative proposals using multiple venues.
If the site is selected, the host museum(s) will be expected to:
– Assist the KMA staff and Board in securing financial sponsorship for the conference;
– Assist in promoting the annual meeting/conference at the preceding year’s conference;
– Be responsible for the planning and costs of the opening reception, either solely at one location or at a collaboration of sites;
– Be responsible for planning and costs of transportation to opening reception;
– Be actively involved in planning and implementing the conference, including assisting the KMA Board and staff with meeting planning, program execution and securing volunteers.
For a look at all the requirements and to apply, click here.
Deadline for proposal submission: July 1, 2019