Assistant Director/Development – Flint Hills Discovery Center, Manhattan
Assistant FHDC Director/Development
Responsible for increasing attendance numbers and securing revenue at FHDC by offering a quality product through areas of marketing, public relations, development, guest services and operations.
ASSISTANT FHCD DIRECTOR/DEVELOPMENT
Starting Salary: $54,745.60 DOQ (Regular Full-Time Exempt)
Open Until Filled – Review of applications will begin immediately.
To apply, please complete the online application and upload a letter of application and resume with references. Only qualified candidates should apply.
To assist and advise the FHDC Director in all facets of the operations; including, but not limited to; increasing attendance numbers and securing revenue at Flint Hills Discovery Center through offering a quality product, by operating in the areas of marketing, public relations, development, guest services, operations and by contributing to the overall mission, visioning, and goals of the FHDC. Responsible for management and growth of the Membership program. Direct management of the Marketing Coordinators position and the marketing plan for the FHDC. Contributes to the daily operation of FHDC by acting as lead administrator in the absence of the FHDC Director.
1. Ability to communicate in English language, orally and in written form with the general public and staff members using proper grammar, punctuation and spelling. Communicate with media using telephone, facsimile machine, electronic mail and post mail. Communicate with public and volunteers exercising excellent guest services skills. (Daily)
2. Ability to conduct donor research and organize prospect data in fundraising software, operations software and Excel. (Daily)
3. Ability to communicate marketing expectations with Marketing Coordinator and implement marketing plan. (Monthly)
4. Ability to research, write, edit and complete grant application forms by deadlines. Plan and execute fund raising campaigns. Manage grant funds and complete final reports in a timely manner. (Weekly)
5. Ability to lead planning, coordination and implementation of donor recognition. (Daily)
6. Ability to supervise, evaluate and direct the Marketing Coordinator. (Daily)
7. Ability to supervise the planning and execution of yearly special events. (Daily)
8. Ability to serve as FHDC administrator, responsible for FHDC operation, exercising independent judgment in supervising staff on duty in the absence of the FHDC Director.
9. Ability to effectively supervise all FHDC staff, particularly supervision of Public Program Coordinator, Events Supervisor, Guest Services Coordinator and Exhibit/Operations Manager in the absence of the FHDC Director. (Daily)
10. Ability to deliver public presentations and programs on behalf of the FHDC. (Weekly)
11. Ability to assist the FHDC Director in implementing the strategic plan and developing additional long term plans for the FHDC. (Weekly)
12. Other duties as assigned by FHDC Director.
13. Must have and maintain a valid driver’s license.
For the full position description and application details, click here.